I am an art historian, writer and curator currently based between St. Gallen (Switzerland) and Munich (Germany). After studying art history and visual culture in Regensburg, Munich and Copenhagen I graduated in 2011 within the Elite Network Bavaria. In the past, I worked for several cultural projects ranging from cultural not-for-profits, start-ups, museums to experimental projects.
In all my positions thus far, I worked with between different project partners, therefore, I am used to a clear communication as well as an accountable organisation structure. A clear and professional communication within the team and towards the public is absolutely important for me. My strong point is arts education, as I think that exhibitions live through the presentation of content; in the moment of display mediation strategies towards the public facilitate a dialogue between the institution and the audience. Whilst living in different countries abroad, I got to know different working methods and I got in contact with the international arts world and I have a professional command in different languages, such as English, German and Spanish. I am very willing to travel and not at all limited to projects in my close surrounding.
I work in the field of contemporary art with roots in historic developments with a focus on feminism, photography, the relation of art and the social, the financial crisis in the Mediterranean, community based art practices and the topic of art as labor. One of my interests is developing new display formats, developing tools, and facilitating a broader dialogue between the artist, institution and the audience. I believe that the private is political and we can all make a difference through our everyday choices. In my practice I believe in core values. My projects deal frequently with empowerment tools and how to create safe spaces where a dialogue can happen.
GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICES
OR ANY IDEAS YOU HAVE IN MIND. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- Introductions at openings
- moderation of panels
- Artist talks
- Structural advises on short and long-term strategies in the cultural sector
- Help on institutional or personal development of a mission statement
- Definition of institutional core values
- Strategies for community building
- Advise for artists on external communication (branding, website etc.)
- Conception & implementation of exhibitions
- development of research formats
- Guided Tours (private, VIP, public and thematic)
- Educational formats
- Development of strategies for visitor engagement
- Feature, long-form articles
- catalog essays
- online articles, web content (SEO)
Interested in what you see? Further ideas?
Get in touch: anabelroro [at] gmail.com